.ll 72
.fo off
.co on 
.ce ((Editor's comments in double parenthesis - Homer))
 
.ce ADR - 320
.ce
 
.ce Copyright (C) Homer Wilson Smith
.ce Redistribution rights granted for non commercial purposes
 
======================================================================== 87
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 89 17:30:29 EDT
From:         Homer 
Subject:      Re: Homer's latest...
To:           Adore-l list 
In-Reply-To:  Message of Tue, 27 Jun 89 14:23:00 CST from <86730@LAWRENCE>

>
>        Ah... blow to my ego... Actually, however, I find almost
>*everyone* worth knowing, albeit not necessarily worth *liking*.

     Yes, ALMOST everyone, Bill, and you are not one of them.

>        (1) It is none of your business, Homer, that that account
>was closed.
>
>        (2) It is none of *my* business that that account was
>closed.  I never asked for it.  I never expected it.  I never,
>*ever* heard about it-- until now.

     I guess it was non of your business either, eh?

     The killing of 6 million Jews is none of my business.  I am
not a Jew.

     If it is non of my business, then how come I knew about it the
day it happened, and how come it was seminal in the writing of the
APL's.  The other party in the conflict happens to be something of
a friend.  I did not go snooping into a matter that did come knocking
on my door. Further your attitudes towards this other party completely
changed the tone of the politics list to one where I left.

     I am sure you were happy about that.

>        Wrong.  Your *views* are acceptable.  I have no problem with
>them.  Your *mypoia* and refusal to accept anyone else's view but
>your own *is* a problem.

    What does this mean Bill?  I am supposed to have my own view,
yet accept others views to?  I can only hold one view at a time.
Do you mean I refuse to LISTEN to others views?

>        Yes, but had I kept sending you mail, Homer, and you
>continually requested to me that you *not* get any more from me,
>what would you have done?  Suppose I sent you so much garbage that
>you didn't have the room on your disk for ADORE-L mail?  What then?
>

     But now you have started sending me private mail again, snide
comments about the other party.  Why, are you pushing me?

>        Did I ever say otherwise?  Did I ever even *mention* the
>subject on ADORE-L?

     You were not given a chance.

>
>        The "other party" can do whatever (s)he damn pleases.  This
>*is* an open list.  I think, however, that for a list owner to
>deliberately set up the members of a list according to what (s)he
>thinks the list should be discussing is pretty inappropriate for
>this sort of list.

     Ridiculous

     All are welcome to start what ever discussion they want on this
list, that is in the charter, I am just doing that.  The discussion
is important to me.  You are free to start any other one you want.
>
>>     By the way, I have no vested interest in who is right.
>
>        Yeah, right...
>
    Yeah right, Bill.  I would be perfectly happy to find out that
you were totally set up.  If you are as innocent as you claim, then
YOU WERE SET UP, and if I were you, I would be concerned about it.

>>     I would however like the truth to be known.
>
>        Then start paying some attention to the evidence, Homer.
>

     I thought it was none of my business.

     Why don't you POST some evidence, rather than trying to
cover your tracks, or derail the subject.

 Homer               Adore-l list         6/28/89*Homer's latest...