So this posting says two things to me.

    1.) We have to stop opposing ourselves to get back up to
a band of winningness.

    2.) Motivation is important.  WHY we want to use power is part
of the protocol necessary to empower the power.

    The most obvious reason why we want power is we want to WIN WIN WIN!

    But clearly that doesn't work.

    So there is something OT here in even being able to conceive of
designing a game that would be fun again.  The motivations within
the game are not the motivations of creating the game.

    People like to insist that pure and good motivations are necessary 
within the game, but I am more interested in the higher motivations of 
creating the game in the first place, these seem alien to me.

    We all have the goal to enjoy the challenges of life, but who or what
chose that we be here, and what business was it of theirs?

    Why would we have chosen to not know we chose?

    What is the earliest decision we still have contact with?

    Therein then must like the secret to reoptimizing game play.


Homer Wilson Smith     The Paths of Lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959 KC2ITF        Cross            Internet Access, Ithaca NY
homer@lightlink.com    In the Line of Duty    http://www.lightlink.com

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, homer@lightlink.com wrote:

> Hash: SHA1
>      You know people think I write this stuff because it is real to me,
> that I been there and am reporting what I saw.
>      Mostly that's not true.
>      I ain't done none of it, and I haven't a clue if any of what I
> write is true.
>      Postings come to me.
>      They are like a tidal wave or ripple in space time that I see in
> the far off distance, coming at me at a tremendous speed.
>      I gotta run and get in front of a terminal to write it all down as
> the wave passes through me or else it gets lost forever.
>      It is almost impossible to reconstruct a posting once it has
> 'happened'.
>      Then after it is written, I get to go over it a number of times to
> see if I understand any of it, or think the whole thing is just nuts.
>      Then I get to audit the posting, and see if it produces any
> results.
>      Sometimes after writing a long posting, I miss subtle parts of what
> I am writting, because I am typing as fast as I can, without thinking at
> all about what I am typing.
>      Thus important concepts can get left behind that are the make break
> point between the posting working and make sense, and it being a waste
> of time.
>      The posting on the OT PPR is just such a case in point, there is
> one line in there that is an absolute show stopper, and although I may
> still not believe it, it shows me where I need to look next to make this
> stuff work.
>     What was that line?
>     "The protocol empowers the power."
>     Here is it in context.
>      "Power and protocol go together.
>      Without power there is no need for protocol.
>      Without protocol there is no ability to have power.
>      The protocol empowers the power.
>      The power will not fire if the protocol is not in place."
>      Now those are just simply astounding words.
>      Why?
>      Because people think that OT power is something they have to work
> for, try hard at, practice and practice and spend thousands of hours
> trying and failing, until finally they get a spark of an ability.  And
> if they don't, they know they just have to try harder and longer, and it
> may take forever, they will never know how long is long enough before
> they should give up and stop investing in the attempt.
>      Then they wonder why it never works no matter how much time they
> put into it.
>      The truth is that OT power is ever present, OT power is being USED
> to turn off OT power, so you can't fight that.
>      But you can duplicate it, and stop fighting yourself with yourself.
>      But in order to duplicate our use of power to not have power, we
> have to duplicate our INTENT to not have power, in other words why did
> we choose to oppose ourselves?
>      The answer lies in the word PROTOCOL.
>      Protocol is a difficult word, it conjures up ideas of complicated
> technical handshakes, and proper procedures to follow, and appropriate
> safety and security controls over environment and circumstances.
>      But most particularly protocol refers to the reason why.
>      Why are you wanting to fire that power?
>      Humans are lost in a world of human games, these are games only a
> God would play by chosing himself to become human, they are that bad.
>      The human would give anything to have the abilities of a God again
> in order to win the game.
>      But the God wasn't interested in playing a game he could win, and
> he wasn't interested in playing a game he had to lose over and over
> again either, he wanted a game that would go on forever.
>      So as game writer, surely God the Author could create a game that
> was easy to play and easy to win, and he could grant himself whatever
> powers he wanted to make it so.
>      So how come he finds themselves sinking under the burden of
> overwhelming odds trying to win games that can never be won by design.
>      Because he wanted it that way.
>      The God was sick of winning too often, and sick of losing too
> often, and so he has made a game of endless volley, one that just goes
> on and on and on.
>      But such a game gets tiring, and the more he plays, the more
> mistakes he makes, and the more he doesn't like this game any more
> either, yet he continues playing all the while sinking towards losing as
> slow as possible.
>      So what power or ability does the GodSoul need to exercise in order
> to make the game fun right now again, or to end it and start a new one?
>      THAT'S the OT power your preclear wants to have and needs to have
> right now.  There might be a constellation of them, powers tend to come
> in packages.
>      One might worry that once the preclear realizes exactly what that
> ability might be, he won't be able to do it, but the line above says
> this isn't so.
>      The protocol empowers the power.
>      If the preclear gets the ability set exactly right that he REALLY
> needs and wants right now, it will flow as if never obstructed.
>      Those are words of magic, for they give us direction to go in order
> to find the proper protocol to empower our futures again.
>      Homer
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Homer Wilson Smith     The Paths of Lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
> (607) 277-0959 KC2ITF        Cross            Internet Access, Ithaca NY
> homer@lightlink.com    In the Line of Duty    http://www.lightlink.com
> Sun Apr  4 23:41:13 EDT 2010
> ================ http://www.clearing.org ====================
> Sun Oct 17 03:06:03 EDT 2010
> ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/homer/adore745.memo
> Send mail to archive@lightlink.com saying help
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.7 (GNU/Linux)
> iD4DBQFMuqBbURT1lqxE3HERAkFRAJiMWkei+X2hPxCH26JxSxynWwzWAJoCLgu+
> DkbzNE/POTACSwnH7rYM8Q==
> =ftbi
> _______________________________________________
> Homerwsmith-l mailing list
> Homerwsmith-l@mailman.lightlink.com
> http://mailman.lightlink.com/mailman/listinfo/homerwsmith-l
Sun Oct 17 17:28:27 EDT 2010